Monday, January 14, 2008

No new title here

It's Monday, Hazy outside, and Cold in. Well as cold as it can be when you live in one of those near warm all the time climants. It is true we have 2 seasons, Spring and Summer, and it does seem that Spring is coming in recently. My bulbs are poking through the soaked ground, and I cut the grass yesterday for the first time in a long long time. Sunday's weather was almost tank top weather, except when the sun started going down and we were once again reminded that it truly is Winter still.
I knit not a knot. I sewed not a seam. I did make dinner twice though.
Eeee so exciting. Well not really but the Curried Beef Stroganoff by Alton Brown was/is highly yummy. Every time I want to make something I have no idea how to, I just google the recipe in mind w/ Alton's name and whammo I get just what I was wanting. In case you're not sure who he is he's the guy on the food network who does Good Eats, and also the Motorcycle Eating trip something or other titled suchly... I don't know.
I did go shopping this weekend in Berkeley and I gathered new ~okay same fabric as the purple hat but in new colors~ that are just so gorgeous. Of course I have way more fabric than need be, but it was only possible to get a 1/2 yard of the colors and so I did. There's a yellow golden color now, a teal w/ brown and my new fav rust w/ dk brown. The colors are so rich. The rust one would make a lovely corset once my sewing skills are a little better. Of course that does mean that I would need much more fabric than originally required.
I also stopped in over at Lacis in Berkeley, it's the Lace and Textile Museum w/ a shop and they teach some courses. One of the gals working was wearing the cutest mini top hat that actually had no top to the hat. It was of a rather ingenious design. Her name was Kelly, and the manager happened to mention that she's trying to get Kelly to come up with a min top hat class. Which in my book would just be fabulous, as I could be introduced to even more techniques. I believe she may also be using a form of some sort that may be offered there. Not sure yet but will keep you updated.
Speaking of classes, my intro to millinery class is coming up here in a few weeks. Can't wait. Finally something to give me a little kick in the pants. Something Please!
Cheers until then.

No comments: