Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oh so much to do.

A very merry birthday
To him
To him
A very merry birthday
to whom
to whom
to Him!
Today is the husbeast's 32nd Birthday. And in the off chance that he ever reads this blog, he should know that he means the world to me. This is in fact where I get all mushy and bleary eyed as I recount the times he's pleased me, and tickled me pink by all the unsuspecting little things he does for me. Where I relive the days that were unsteady and rocky and look back to those as days of growing up and growing together. Then I focus on the fact that we get to live the rest of our lives together, holding hands, ~embracing my one another. Thinking to the future of all the neat times we get to share, children, squabbles, vacations to strange destinations, and of course a fulfilled and fantastic life with cherished memories.
Happy Birthday Graeme, the love of my life, and my best friend.
Tonight instead of going out, the husbeast has requested a simple dinner of roasted chicken, stuffing (my first homemade), and baked cauliflower (his mum's recipe), topped off with chocolate on chocolate HaagenDaas bars.
On the knitting front, I ripped out most of the Hemlock blanket even though I was at the bind off it just didn't look right. So I've decided to make it and some bits of Noro Silk Garden laying all over the house into a log cabin. Here's a bit of knowledge for you evidently a gay republican in the government is called a log cabin. I have no idea why, or what the hell that's supposed to mean, but yeah. I was told that last night as I made my statement on the news of his dad's christmas pressie. Which I am sorry to delay further, but I believe it will be worth it. Now onto the logging. Or is it cabinning? I'm going to stick with logging.
The lemon Chiffon Mini Tophat is still in the works there are still a few things that need perfecting, then embellishing.
Oh and this weekend looks pretty full.
Friday my friend Damo and I are going to trek out to the city for the Edwardian Ball. The husbeast is focused on his woodworking projects, so I must say that Damo is back just in the nick of time to go with me. He's currently living in China and is only back for one more week. But he is still saying that he and his wife and son will be back in June or July. But back to the Edwardian Ball, it looks to be quite the event. Lots of bands and some rather strange entertainers. I must remember to have a few shots of coffee before we go, otherwise I may just be dead asleep on the dance floor. I'm pretty excited as this means that I get to dress up in my fun clothes, and I've been debating as to whether I should go into Berkeley and see if I can find something new at one of the many second hand but cool shops. I may just have to pop in. I'm thinking some knee length skirts with my bloomers and also toole would be great paired with my bodice and a handsome shirt. Of course I'll don a mini topper, but it just may be the lemon chiffon! Squee.
Saturday we venture to the In laws for their birthday boy celebrations, yum! His mum is the best cook.
Then Sunday... my first Millinery class. I can't wait to learn some new tricks.
Cheers til then.

2 comments:

Contrary Colleen said...

Happy Birthday to the Husbeast!!!

Seamstrix said...

Wow...that looks like a fun event. I may just have to put something together for next year. I'm also eager to hear how the millinery class went!