Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Paying the price

I'll be the first to admit that I over indulged last night. When I wrote that I'd had about 10 glasses, please keep in mind that those were very small taster glasses. So really I had about 5. BUT, there's always a but isn't there, I do have an excuse. Last night on our way home from work, we were leaving the island on the back road to avoid the nightmarish freeway. Well traffic slowed, lights were flashing and as we drove carefully by, the driver to a vehicle was covered in a yellow tarp, and the passenger side to the vehicle was crushed. Mind you the car was sideways facing the husbeast and I.
I know that's not a reason to drink 5 glasses of cheap red wine, but I just couldn't stop myself.
On another note today I was waiting for the light at a crosswalk, looked up and saw a bicyclist get hit by an old man in his car.
So that's 2, I really don't want to know what the third will be.
A little follow up to last night's post. Wrecking Balm I suppose it works, if you have like very little pigment left any how. And to settle anyone's mind at ease, I'm not getting rid of any of mine, nor am I really in the mood to get a new one. I just have no idea what I would get next, but the notion has been on my mind for about 2 years now.
And finally, there has been knitting. Yes that's right I made a knuck. I used a lovely skein of Blue Sky Melange 100% baby alpaca in the blue sky colorway. The cuff I paired with a grey and am still not too stoked on the bind off. It just seems flimsy and vacant. So that may need some working on still. I had to tweak the pattern because of the slightly less bulky yarn, but it turned out rather adorable IMHO.

2 comments:

cindy said...

oh my, i hope there is no third! i found it interesting on the wrecking balm site, the winged heart with flames is very nearly like the one i just had done! (i love it!) also, i just took a pattern off knitty and saw those knucks! they are so cute! (but a little beyond my skills...i am trying the ones that are just ribbed knit and sewn up the sides.

Anonymous said...

Terrible terrible! This is why i HATE being in cars and did not get my license until a few years ago!!! It's horrifying what can happen on the road. I am honestly pretty phobic, which sucks because my fear holds me back from doing lots of things i really want to do....but i just can't deal when "the fear" grabs me! And i melt down entirely when i see accidents.

I know you are probably ready to strangle me for my tardiness, but i swear i have not forgotten and am hugely sorry that i am taking so long to accomplish anything. I am one catastrophe after another, but i swear it won't be much longer til i get your dollie done. Pass the cheap red wine?

xoxox