Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Recking Balm, really?

So the other night I discovered a few of the Ravelry Tattoo groups, ah finally. What a wonderful slew of interesting and tatooed knitterly women. Just like me, like kind. I've been drinking red wine (yeah we fell off the beer and gluten bandwagon for the husbeasts benefit), and I've been lamenting and watching LA Ink. I'm on the verge of figuring out what I would like as a new tattoo. There's the one on my back, which I love and then there's the 2 on my leg, ~the imp and the brugmansia vine in blue and orange~ and then there's the metamorphic butterfly on my ribs (my first ever!).
As I looked through some of the rather inspiring tattoos on the site, I could only wonder to what degree I could take a sleeve based on the basis of a floral motif paired with craft. Craft, yes the phrase from my Alma Mater (hello how many glasses of $2 chuck have I just had...11?). Scissors, hats, needles, yarn, balls! Buttons, and bobbles paired with elements of the oddest kind. I am still thinking of what could next adorn my body, I just am so not certain yet.
Through my rambling do you see a pattern? A question has been formed and a request has been expressed from the husbeast. He insists that I dispose of a previous tattoo before I get a new one. The means through recking balm (sp?) .
I don't know what to say to this except that I still love the first tattoo I ever got. And I really don't want to see it disappear (like it works that great!) in order to create something new, even though I realize he's put up with a few 'interesting choices' from me when it comes to my tat's.
All I have to say to all of this is honey, would you please pick more flowers. ;) Love ya!

1 comment:

Contrary Colleen said...

IMO - your body, your artwork. If you love your first tattoo keep it, and get another one to boot! Husbeast's opinion matters of course, but is not everything - and personally if it was me I would go with my own desires when it comes to this. Removing a tat is harder then it sounds, I have several friends going through the process and it's painful and takes long long time.