Friday, March 9, 2007

Anything but working

hehehehhehe
It's so dead here in the office, and it's Friday, and it's kinda muggy here on the Island, and. I . Just. Don't. Want. To. Work.
There I said it, it's out in the open.
I do have class tonight though, until 10, eesh! But this is almost the end of week 1 and with just one more to go. Then I take my test, get licensed, and then I get to be a productive specimen in the office. That is, instead of the first to reach for the phones, and direct the calls appropriately, girl that I am currently. Hmmm, did someone say responsibility. Yeah I suppose that's what one has to do when one is trying to buy a house (w/ no real money). But you don't need that detail do you.


So I've put down the twisted cuff to Cookie's sock, and am anticipating ripping it to start over on size 0's to make it the right fit.
But lo' I've come out of the darkness and into the light of a wonderful new slipper! Yeah for slippers for co-workers b-day's! It's from My Best Friend's A Dork. Yes, they're the Sweet Mary Jane's, which are sooo cute in the Noro colorway I'm using. (Must take picts to show later) After struggling w/ the Provisional Cast On method using the loops, well 'it got bet'er'
and I'm already going into the instep. Not too bad since the pattern is a little mysterious and does need a bit deciphering. I've been knitting it between class breaks! Does get me a few strange looks from the other students, but F@*! 'em if they can't take a joke, right!...
PS did I even mention I love knitting in public. Yes just adore it.
So after class last night I went downtown to meet up w/ the other Bitches, for our purl and hurl evening,albeit a little late, and a rather fantastic rockabilly band was playing. The Pendletons. Well I would point to them, but Big Brother won't let me onto myspace from work. Poo poo..
Just know they were truly delightful.
Woohoo just half an hour to go.
Ta for now!

No comments: