Saturday, March 24, 2007

I love photographing tiny things

There's just this je ne se qua, about taking pictures of tiny things. I can totally see why and how there is such a movement in the photo world to make your own tiny scenes, albeit out of models or jello~yes jello. Go figure (ah I crack me up with the puns).
These new little stitch markers from Good to be Girl are once again, rather prosh. Don't get me wrong, I was a bit um... not sure, about them when I first saw them, but the novelty of bagels and lox just somehow reminded me of my best friend, Mary. So I was sold on the idea of the bagels and lox markers. Do you see the attention to detail on those things, that one that is in focus is definitely my favorite. It has this slight translucent quality to it's lox which looks like salmon. Seriously mini salmon patties. I'm just awed at the itty-bitty quality. One of the bagels even looks toasted on the bottom. I know I'm being overly infatuated, but it seems to be akin to my slightly obsessive nature when it comes to one of a kind items.
Moving on, I've been knitting on the Rowan sweater again, and wouldn't you know, I had to tear out about 26 rows at the arm decrease, again. See the thing is I first thought I read the pattern wrong and now I found out it was all correct, but I'm a ninny. So it's been ripped twice, and hopefully no more ripping, because if I don't finish this first sweater, I may scream. It's just soooooo close, but I keep futzing it all up. From here on out, I swear to be more attentive, I want to finish it, and see if it even fits for crying out loud. Then I can move onto the stitch diva simple knitted bodice. I have all the yarn, Daikeito, from when I was working at the yarn shop. Made from the lovely Daikeito wool, I believe this may be a perfect sweater for under my motorcycle jacket. Although that lace work may make it way colder than I'm needing, we'll see. I could always make their other sweater, Sahara, but that one looks a little too fitted for my unfittable middle range. If you know what I mean.
Well I must be off to clean up, and hopefully make it out to the olde yarn shop to get 2 balls of the rowan yarn to finish off the sleeves on the rowan sweater. Just in case, don'cha know.

No comments: