Monday, March 19, 2007

Little Mitts and Slipps

I have actual, factual knitting picts to show. And, ... tada, I'm done w/ my class. Just need to study a little now. Must make such an effort! Perhaps I'll study at work. Might as well.

Speaking of work, my co-worker seemed to be tickled pink over her pressies, the mittletts and the slippers. I already mentioned the Sweet Mary Jane slipper. Well they were difficult to figure out, but the pattern turned out to be rather well written, unlike what I wrote earlier on them (I was frustrated). Definitely worth the $5ish I paid. Like I mentioned before, these were done in Noro~Silk Garden, which may I say I absolutely adore. It's soft and supple, a little thick and a little thin, but the color variegation's are what cease to delight my natural sensibilities. The looped Provisional cast on was a huge challenge, but after a quick tutorial and then just sitting w/ the pattern, it came, and it was kind of comfortable (the being able to breathe again~yes i do forget to breathe when I'm concentrating sometimes). Almost as challenging, was trying to remember to crochet. HA! That was scary, it's been over a year since I last really crocheted. I admit to liking it a bit, but that's because I find it makes a wonderful accent to the edging of most good ol' knitting. Don't get me wrong, I still prefer the look of knit to that of crochet.
Did I mention, Happy St. Patrick's Day, to me Irish friends and family, and even the Scottish beau and his~ownen. I got to wear my lovely little green mini topper-hat again. Love it...gonna marry it...gonna have little mini-baby-topper-hats. Ok, I'm done there.
Back to the knits-o-plenty. Also finished in the course was the 13th? pair of Del Mar Mits, but as I've adopted to calling them, Mittletts. The difference between day and night, the color. But alas, I was being lazy. In my most humble defense it's been a rough two weeks, w/ a holiday thrown in. Eesh. That's what I'll leave it open to.

I believe I may have mentioned this before, but I'm saying it again. I'm totally stoked, I signed up for one of the last spots in the beginning Drop Spindle class over at Purlescense. And...I'm not going alone, one of the other Bitches is going w/ me. Seems she got the very last spot, woohoo. You should see her little boy, he just turned one, and soo cute.

So that's on the 28th. My birthday, yes the big 3-0, is on the 29th which is a Bonnie Beer Bitch knitting night~maybe I'll bring a cake, or cupcakes. Hmmm what does one make for their own b-day. ..... oh I could use my new KitchenAid mixer from x-mas! Perhaps it is time for another Red Velvet, I could make a bomb. But when will I be able to find the time. eh gads. the. pressure. Just kidding. I'm getting all giddy over my b-day again.

Oh and still on my birthday note, it seems as though there very well may be about 9 of us trekking down to Carlsbad Pizza Port, and Stone brewing here. Oh my gosh, I was not expecting that many. The logistics are a bit boggling. I mean how do you make sure that all 9 of us are even in the same motel 8, and that we all have a ride. But I am awed mostly at the willingness of my friends to all travel from our Oaklandish area down past LA. That's a good 8 hours driving time. Seriously how sweet is that. Don't get me wrong, one of the guys going also has a birthday on the 29th, but he's already had his 40th, and I believe this is his 41st. A really rad musician, and crane mechanic? Yeah that's a crazy scary job. Oh i can't wait to see how Stone Brewing has remodeled (or rather constructed) their lovely diner. When the boy and I were last there, it was still under construction. Oh, and another thing, I can't wait to surprise one of the loveliest little fairies I've ever know. Charity. Yes she looks like a little fairy. She's been down south for a good year and a half now, actress girl!, and it's jsut been awhile. Gosh wait til she sees us all down there. I've only told her it was the boy, me, and the roommate so far. I going to try and keep it a secret from her, that there's going to be a few more of us than she's expecting. You know why can't the words just do little excited happy dances on the page when I'm uber stoked about something? I believe that needs to be added as a new blogger feature. Anyone, anyone.

I'll see about getting picts of all the new books I've purchased here soon. Love used amazon books! And of course when they get here I'll show you the new stitch markers from Good to be Girl. Bagels and lox...{swoon and LOL}.

ta til then.

No comments: