Friday, March 23, 2007

I'm Soooooooo Bad

errata: turns out, seems as though it was alll the fault of The Yo Yo Knits.

No seriously. I am realllly, realllllllly baaaad.
I just couldn't help myself. And well the new credit card is getting it's wearwithall.
I can't believe how guilty, but still tickled pink I feel. I mean in the long run I'm saving money, but purchasingTHAT MUCH yarn all at once is a bit scary. I've never bought 60 balls/hanks of yarn all in one shot. But seriously I'm not to blame. I first saw this great discount at Furious Knits, then over at Punk Rock Knitters!.
I swear I was just going to look, then I saw they had Lorna's Laces, so I got some Bullfrogs and butterflies, in Black Watch. Then came Noro, and well I absolutely can not, just can't resist the silk garden, and I ended up getting 2 of a bunch of colors. But seriously, $5.27 for Noro! Oh my gosh! That's 7 pairs of mitts and slipps, and I may make a pair for myself. WooHoo!
So I've been hankering (pun intended) for a log cabin blanket for our bed, or for laying around under in the living room. And since we have a queen size mattress I figured I should get as many balls of Rowan Handknit Cotton as I could in order to make it. Hence the 43 balls of extra yarny bits. But I love the colors I picked: black, turkish plum, another shade of purple>Decadent, Rosso which is an orange red, tope, flame, and well another shade of purple Diana>indigo. All that DK weight cotton to be our log cabin blankey! I can't wait. I believe I'll take lead from Nona and do the cabin a little free formed styling, just my kinda goodness, and in squares just large enough to transport downtown with me. But goodness I could also make like 3 sweaters with that much cotton. Eesh. I wonder how long this is going to take me. Gosh maybe a year. We'll see. I believe they ship tomorrow, and how nice is it to have an order with free shipping. Yes free. That's rad, not to mention the 50% off that I saved on all my purchases.
So what I'm trying to say is, if you're looking for an excellent deal, Go, GO NOW. If not just keep sitting there. It's ok to let the world pass you by. Just make sure you wipe the drool from your chin when you see me jumping up and down w/ my cashe. That is if there's anyone out there, actually reading this thing, besides the Boy.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Oh-ho-ho!! Thanks for editing the post to blame me! ;-)