Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Still in Class

That's right, still doing the late night class thing, but it's almost over!
In the mean time I have been knitting, but sadly still no picts. So far I'm done w/ one slipper and one matching mitlett, over halfway done w/ the other mitlett, and just need to finish off the strap to the other slipper. And let me just say, they are soooo darling. The cutest slippers (well really cute when you have tiny feet like I do) and the mitts to match! Oh you'll see.
I just can't wait until I get to make my own pair of Mary Jane's.
I just signed up for a class to learn to use my little drop spindle. Yeah for birthday pressies to myself. They truly are the best. I figure it beats dropping the $500 for a foldable spinning wheel I've been eyeing for the last 6 or more months. Especially when the Boys mum keeps offering her old one from the 60's to me. I don't know.
In other news, the boy, after doing copious amounts of homework, he went and bought his first car! It's absolutely adorable (I suppose I shouldn't say adorable, it's macho and manly, and a roadster). He got a 07 Mazda Miata MX5, the sport version. So you see how terribly strange this is for me. For the past four years we've been together, he's always ridden a Triumph motorcycle. In fact, his first license was for a motorcycle only, which is rather rare. And now he drives. Ahhh he's getting oooo-llll-ddddddd. In fact I believe I spotted his balls laying around on the couch this morning while he was still in bed. Ok maybe not but it's a long standing joke among us since we're both passing the point of oldness.
So I believe I was about to tell you that we're heading down to Pizza Port in Carlsbad, and the new Stone Brewing! Yeah for roadtrips in hot little cars! Did I mention I turn 30 on the 29th.

No comments: