Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Just knitting babble

I feel as if I'm in a bit of a funk right now. I mean I have a pair of socks on the needles, and well the cuff seems rather stretchy, and since it's worked from the top down I don't want to go all this way, on size 1's, and then ripp ripp ripp-it. Also I don't get the measurements for the pattern. I have tiny feet, but by the standards of the pattern they're not even on the chart. I may just bring these issues up to one of the ladies over at Article Pract tonight when I go to get some more Noro for a pair of slippers for my co-workers b-day, here in a week.
Second thing I have going on is the Meathead pattern, aka my skunk hat. So I ripped it all out and started knitting it flat instead of in the round as I was doing. Since in the round I was just wasting yarn by stranding the colors together. Don't know what I was thinking. So now it's flat and I'm not sure if the skunk stripes are going to be resting on the back of the hat...
Thirdly there's the rosette sweater from Rowan. It's my first sweater and has been around since June or July, mind you it's now March. This sweater has been many a grief and many many a ripping. Which is just so uncool. I mean I've literally ripped about a foot total so far, it's rather discouraging. I am atleast up to the arm shaping on both sides of the front (button up) and the back is finished, but there's also that fear "do I have enough yarn" and the answer is actually probably "NO!" Jeesh, what' s a girl gonna do?
Dunno, maybe making the co-workers slippers (she lives in an old Victorian) that'll get me over the hump of the ho-hum crap-a-dap's going on in my knitting life.

Did I mention I am also going to school for the next week and a half here. I also met a girl in the class who's boss took I believe 1st place in the AHRMA vintage 500 Premier last year at Miller MotorWay, up in Utah. Mind you the boy and I were up there for the same vintage races. So the class is a bit redeeming in it's cool factor of students and teacher (he's British!)
Ah well at least it's off my chest now.

No comments: