Friday, September 28, 2007

Ahh the sweet sweet sounds

I love my little concertina. She is beautiful, and shiny, and full of pep. Sorry no picts, but she has a red varnish, and green bellows with a floral print in between them. The handles are a little big, but I have a leather punch that can adjust that easily enough.
Last night was neat, it was a little mini adventure for me. Going into the city, gahd it's been soooooooooo long since I've been there. And Union Square, what a place, all those shops. Now if only I had money to play with! The young was cordial enough, and a rather strange boy obviously, but harmless and rather gracious.
I scampered away with my little concertina in my hand bag (yes it's a magic stretchy hand bag) and BART'd home. BART is our local train system like a subway but less all emcompassing.
Well I raced downtown to the Beer Bitch meetup and lo and behold there were still knitters about.
I did get some knitting in. I've made another tam hat, and finished it this morning. But I dare say it's anything worth photographing. Perhaps I can trade it for something this weekend at fairs...we'll see about that.
I got a little playing in last night on the concertina, much to the horror of the roomy's dog, and then some whist waiting for the plumber this morning. But that's it a little here and a little there. I am certainly not a virtuoso, but I still smile when I play and that's why I got it.
Next time, I promise pictures and mayhaps even a proper name, Moana just doesn't suit.
Cheers and happy whatevering this weekend.
Off to Faire I go, yet once again!

No comments: